API Method /events/new
Creates a new event. See http://eventful.com/events/new for an example interface.
- This method requires user authentication.
- title string
- The event title.
- start_time string
- The event start time in ISO 8601 format (e.g. "2005-03-01T19:00:00") or a readable alternative (e.g. "2005-03-01 19:00:00"). See the W3C Note on Date and Time formats for examples or RFC3339 for more detail. Note that if offset information is specified here (e.g. "2005-03-01T19:00:00-04:00"), the time will be converted to UTC. The preferred method of specifying the time zone is via the tz_olson_path parameter (below).
- stop_time string
- The event stop time, if any, in ISO 8601 format (see above). (optional)
- tz_olson_path string
- The event timezone, as listed in the Olson timezones database (e.g. "America/New_York") (optional)
- all_day boolean
- True ("1") if the event is an all-day event, false ("0") otherwise. (optional)
- description string
- The event description. (optional)
- privacy integer
- The privacy setting for this event. (1 = public, 2 = private, 3 = semi-private) (optional, defaults to 1)
- tags string
- A space-delimited list of tags. (optional)
- free boolean
- True ("1") if the event is free, false ("0") otherwise. (optional)
- price string
- A text string describing the event price. For example, this could indicate a price
range ("$15 - $35"), free but donations requested ("$10 donation suggested"), or other
special instructions ("Adults $15, children under eight $5"). Don't pass this parameter
or leave it blank if there is no price information. (optional)
- venue_id string
- The ID of the venue where this event occurs. Use /venues/new or /venues/search retrieve an appropriate ID. required
- parent_id string
- The ID of this event's parent event. (optional)
Here's an example request URL:
Output from this function is an XML block with the following constructs:
- status string
- The event ID of the newly created event.
- Add event complete
Example XML Response
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<message>Add event complete</message>
This method may return these errors in an error document:
- Authentication error
- The specified user was not found or provided invalid credentials.
- Title Required
- The title parameter was not set.
- Start Time Required
- The start_time parameter was not set.
- Invalid Datetime Format
- The format of start_time or end_time was not recognized.
- Invalid Venue
- The specified venue_id was not found.